Everything Is BS! - Belief System (Unlocking Our Superpowers)
The metaphysical teacher Bashar shares a valuable metaphor for understanding how your Beliefs and subsequently your Thoughts create your Behaviors and ultimately your Experience of Reality. He explains it like this :
1. Beliefs are equivalent to the blueprint of a house. They form the layout and foundation for everything else.
2. Emotions are equivalent to the Construction Workers who build the house. They are the E-motion (energy in motion), which provide the raw energy to create your experience of reality.
3. Thoughts, Visual Imagery, and Behaviors are equivalent to the Building Materials, which create the physical structure of the house (your experience of reality).
If you have harmonious beliefs, and balanced emotions, then you will have a firm foundation to utilize thoughts for a life of your own choosing. If all your beliefs have been programmed by society, and you have not questioned them, then the foundation of your reality is essentially out of your conscious control.
It is a massive step in personal empowerment to realize that YOU CAN CHOOSE TO REPROGRAM YOUR BELIEFS.
To put it simply, the key to exploring one’s beliefs, is to dive into the Subconscious Mind. Here are some tips for doing this :
1. Begin asking yourself questions about your beliefs. Journaling is very helpful for unpacking these revelations. I recommend exploring 3 beliefs you hold related to each of these topics : God, Intimate Relationships, Money, Life Purpose, and Food.
2. A key question to ask often is “What would I have to believe, in order to have this recurring thought / behavior?” For example, I noticed that I had a fear of holding eye contact with others for more than a few seconds without looking away. So I asked myself, “What belief do I hold that supports me in holding onto this fear? Unworthiness? Guilt? Fear of losing my sense of self?”
3. Then, once you identify the core belief(s), you can begin to explore new perspectives and alternative beliefs. As you identify beliefs within yourself, you can ask, “From where or whom did I receive this belief?” If you got it from a specific person, the key questions to ask are “Is this belief working for them? Are they happy, healthy, and living their life purpose?” If not, then you may want to reprogram this belief within yourself. (This chapter provides several tools for doing this. Check out the Affirmation Activations.)
4. It is key to realize that the physical body reflects / embodies the Subconscious Mind. Your brain literally reaches down into the nerve ganglia of all your organs and ultimately every cell in your body. The mind and body are literally two aspects of ONE BIG CIRCUIT.
5. Thus, it is important to integrate physical, embodied practices into the process of shifting your beliefs, emotions, and realities. ( Other blog posts like “Movin and Groovin” give a variety of Embodied Practices. )